(Photo Credit: Mandel Ngan AFP/Getty Images)
Morality is individual, ethics is collective. Often we talk about the so-called “moral high ground” referring to the consistency of moral behavior or a code of morality that allows a person or even a nation-state to respond to the issues of the day or the actions of other nation-states and individuals… Nixon’s lies, Reagan’s “I don’t recall”, the Bush Family’s oil interests, Clinton’s sexual predatory behaviors… all of these call into question that moral high ground of the Presidency and of the United States of America.
Imagine that. Imagine if the preponderance of evidence indicated that a president was guilty of lies, deceptive recollections of memory or facts, business conflicts, AND sexual predatory behaviors?
- Before publically announcing his intention to run for president, Trump mocked President Obama for his vacation days and games of golf. How’s that working out?
- Trump said as a presidential candidate that he would drain the swamp and hire only the best people….
- General Michael Flynn… has pled guilty…
- Michael Cohen has pled guilty and been sentenced to three years…
- The National Inquirer has admitted to conspiracy and campaign violations in a prosecuting-avoidance deal with the SDNY…
- Campaign Manager Paul Manafort has been convicted of tax fraud, conspiracy, etc…. Trump’s defense? Well, Manafort worked for Ronald Reagan too… thought Trump seems to forget that Manafort worked for Reagan BEFORE the fraud and conspiracy, whereas Manafort worked for Trump after and during the criminal activities….
- Rick Gates? Yup him too….
- George Papadopoulos who has pled guilty to trying to coordinate with the Russians….
- Trump’s friend and ally, Roger Stone has taken the 5th Amendment in regards to subpoenas by the Republican-led US Senate and is also being investigated by the Mueller probe…
- Roger Stone’s associate Andrew Miller held in contempt…
- Sitting Presidents “can’t be indicted” because that’s been DOJ tradition since the early 1970s… you know what’s else has been a tradition since the Nixon Era? The release of tax returns by presidential candidates.
- The Russia assassination of Alexander Litvinenko? The Russian attempted-assassination of Sergei and Yulia Skripal? Horrible! Tragedies! Against the rule of law! Then there’s that assassination of American resident alien journalist Jamal Khashoggi in Istanbul ordered by Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman?
- Trump complained about NAFTA and has renegotiated with the threat of withdrawing from the agreements… like he withdrew from the nuclear weapons deal with Russia, the Paris Climate Agreement, and the Iran Framework… But he expects other countries to follow their obligations such as military expenditures under the NATO Treaty agreements… But China does not have to follow its treaty obligations under the WTO, but they do have to pay tariffs on steel and soy, but maybe not if they make a deal to buy agricultural equipment from the US, but not Harley’s because Harley is a bad company because they moved operations overseas…not like Carrier who laid off 200 employees after Trump claimed to have saved 2000 jobs… honestly, I can’t keep up with the whiplash following this guys logic…. Now arrested Meng Wanzhou, chief financial officer of Chinese tech giant Huawei… Trump’s dangling leveraging Meng with the tariff negotiations, but condemns the use of pressure on Trump Organization and Trump Campaign personnel as virtually criminal acts by the DOJ, you know, his DOJ that’s led by his Attorney-General and his Director of the FBI….
- Today, Mika Brzezinski criticized by Trump for her offensive slur against gays…. This criticism by the man who said Mexicans are rapists and drug dealers, Africans come from shit hole countries, and women should be grabbed by there genitals… only he didn’t say genitals, did he? And today, Trump criticized Comey’s non-answers to the House Judiciary Committee, while his own lawyers refuse, limit, and redact questions and answers to the Special Counsel’s Office.
- Also today, the House Oversight Committee under Trump ally Mark Meadows began investigations into the Clinton Foundation… what’s weird is that the House is using tax returns to investigate the Clintons…. Imagine if the same committee had access to the tax returns of the president and or the Trump Organization?
- Then the OVERSIGHT Committee might look at the 63rd Floor of Trump Tower and Vadim Trincher, one of the leaders of a Russian-American crime ring that operated an international gambling operation from Trump Tower which laundered over $100 million, according to the U.S. attorney’s office and FBI.
- Then there’s the 49th floor rented to ex-FIFA official Chuck Blazer frequently attended Trump’s Miss Universe competitions and let Trump film a commercial for Trump University in his apartment. That’s the “university” that Trump would settle lawsuits brought by students against the now-defunct Trump University for $25 million. As for Blazer, he went on to befriend Russian President Vladimir Putin and voted for Russia to host the 2018 World Cup before admitting in court to taking bribes and pleading guilty to tax evasion, money laundering, racketeering, and wire fraud.
- 43rd floor –- condo of Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort.
- 26th and 25th floors — Trump campaign and presidential transition offices It was here that Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Manafort agreed to take a meeting with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya in June 2016 after being promised potentially damaging information on Hillary Clinton, according to email records. After the election, Michael Flynn and Kushner arranged a separate, private meeting with former Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak at Trump Tower that they said was to establish a “fresh start” in U.S.-Russian relations, according to a statement made by Kushner in July 2017. Last December, Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his communications with Kislyak and is now cooperating with Mueller’s investigation while facing up to five years in prison. Kushner denies any wrongdoing. https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/controversial-residents-trump-tower/story?id=52577191
- Then there’s the Wall Street Journal Report from today… Federal -that’s right, FEDERAL- prosecutors are investigating whether the Trump Inaugural Committee misspent $107 MILLION of donations = and is examining whether top donors gave money in exchange for access to the incoming Trump Administration, policy concessions, or to influence official administration positions…. Who!, That sounds A LOT like that whole pay for play that the Clinton Foundation is being accused of, doesn’t it? When did that House Oversight Hearing get called? Oh, right, today… the same day that the Republican owned Wall Street Journal reported that Trump is being investigated for pay for play… I wonder when Mark Meadow’s will have that hearing?